Thursday, May 10, 2012

Angeloseph 4/28/2012


"...for better or for worse, through beard
and no beard."
It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The sun was shining, the birds were birding, and a young bride was freaking out about her wedding. Two weeks ago my youngest sister put a ring on it and married her best friend. While not having a major role in the wedding I was tasked with ushering pretty young girls down the aisle to their seats (and my mom...who's in a league of her own...you know above the pretty young girls and stuff) as well as driving the bridal party around on the day of the wedding. Well needless to say, I looked dang good doing it. So I thought I would just lend my thoughts on the different aspects of the wedding and tell my story, from the eyes of a young brother who even through childhood lifted his older sister upon his shoulders to allow her the opportunity to soar among the clouds.

The Wedding

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. The colors were yellow and gray. I know, sounds pretty weird right? But no, it was incredibly gorgeous. The bridesmaids looked beautiful in their dresses, the groomsmen looked good, I looked amazing, my dad looked crippled. It was awesome. The ceremony was amazing. I almost cried as my sister said her vows. As the couple stood up at the altar and look at eachother, you could see the complete and utter love that they had for one another. The kind of love that would cause them to sacrifice their life for the other. It was magnificent.
Being at this wedding made me think about my wedding. So the moment I got back to the hotel I imediately got onto Pinterest and pinned stuff to my wedding board.


The Reception

Their wedding reception was unlike any I had seen before. First off, it was eight and a half hours long. That's something that'll weed out the spry youth from the old geezers. It contained an open bar, which I did not partake in, as well as a candy bar, which I very much partaked in. However, the most ingenious thing they had at the reception was a cigar bar. This allowed the guys and some girls to chill outside while enjoying a nice cigar and talk to other guys about politics, sports, or how much they wished they looked as good as I did. This is something I will definately have at my wedding, with maybe a hookah bar added on to it. Altogether, the reception was incredibly fun despite the long hours and my aching feet.



This wedding was such a great event that I just cannot wait for my wedding. But most importantly, I cannot wait to be with the one person that I know I want to love and cherish and be provided with twelve children for the rest of my life.

-Bearded Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment